The Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Ministry of Education, Mrs. Olabisi Ariyo, has said the screening for candidates seeking admission into its model colleges/upgraded junior secondary schools will hold in May.
Ariyo said this in a statement announcing the commencement of the sales of forms for the screening for admission of primary six pupils into Junior Secondary School 1 for the 2016/2017 academic session on Wednesday.
She explained that the screening would be conducted through Computer-Based Test and the regular Pencil-Based Test, which is the usual pencil and computer answer sheet test.
She added that candidates were at liberty to choose the version of the test they wished to be examined with.
While saying that the test was the only yardstick for admission of pupils into JSS1 in any of the state’s 15 model colleges/upgraded secondary schools, Ariyo noted that registration of candidates could be done through a customised compact disc that would be issued by the state examination board after paying N10,000 for the form.
Ariyo noted that the screening would hold on Saturday, May 14, 2016, at all the various designated centres across the state, while the pilot scheme of the CBT would hold at the computer centre of the state examinations board in Agege.
The 15 model colleges/upgraded schools include
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Meiran;
- Vetland Junior Grammar School, Ifako Ijaiye;
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Igbokuta;
- Lagos State Civil Service Model Junior College, Igbogbo;
- Oriwu Model Junior College, Ikorodu;
- Government Junior College, Ikorodu;
- Eva Adelaja Memorial Junior Secondary School, Bariga;
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Badore;
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Igbonla;
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Agbowa.
- Government Junior College, Ketu;
- Epe Junior Grammar School, Epe;
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Kankon;
- Lagos State Model Junior College, Ojo;
- Badagry Junior Grammar School, Badagry.
Interested parents can contact ASSURE Educational Services – 07063397940, 08050701465 for registration details
For Enquiries, contact: The Tests Administrator, ASSURE Educational Services 35, Charity Road, Abule Egba, Lagos 07063397940, 08050701465 [email protected]